Dishwasher Repair Services
Is your dishwasher on the fritz? Maple Leaf Appliance Repair specializes in dishwasher repair services for customers and businesses across Metro Vancouver. We also help with new dishwasher installations and scheduled maintenance programs for all home appliances of every make and brand model regardless of age.
After a meal, the last thing anyone wants to do is clean up the mess; that’s why dishwashers are a staple in almost every home. However, your dishwasher works really hard for you and it is an appliance that is put under extreme stress. Just normal use will cause wear and tear on your valuable appliance. Dishwashers must be maintained to keep running at peak performance and reduce the likelihood of breakdowns. Luckily, Maple Leaf Appliance Repair can solve any dishwasher related problem for any make or model, old and new alike.
For excellence in dishwasher repair services look no further than Maple Leaf Appliance Repair. We serve Metro Vancouver with the highest standards of technical expertise, speed and precision, competitive pricing and friendly, courteous customer service. Our dishwasher repair services (parts and labour) are full guaranteed and we only use OEM parts, direct from the original manufacturer to complete all our dishwasher repair work.
Our expert service techs make dishwasher draining problems, leaks, poor performance and shutdowns disappear. All of our dishwasher repair quotes are provided free of charge and we do not charge if we cannot fix your dishwasher.
A New Standard of Pricing in Dishwasher Repair Service
We charge a simple flat rate service fee for all our dishwasher repair services and you will never pay if we can’t fix the problem. We follow these principals to remain at the forefront of providing the best possible appliance repair service to all of our customers across the Metro Vancouver. Maple Leaf has grown primarily thought word-of-mouth as friends, family and businesses share their experiences using our dishwasher repair services.
Every Dishwasher Make and Model
If you are looking for a dishwasher repair company familiar with all home and commercial dishwashers, no matter the brand or age, every make and model, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience. We would be happy to discuss your dishwasher repair questions over the phone, by email or through our online contact form. We will always offer free quotes and will never preform any work until you are completely informed of all costs involved with the repair.
Dishwasher Repair Guarantee
If we inspect your washer and can’t fix it, our visit is completely free! That’s right. If we can’t fix your washer you don’t pay anything. We also provide free washer repair quotes and super friendly in home service calls by our in-house team of experienced technicians. All of our labour is covered by our no hassle 2 week guarantee. This means if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your repair we will return at no cost to you and make it right. Because we use only OEM parts they have the longest warranties, up to 1 year.
Dishwasher Repair Service Area
Dishwasher Repair FAQ
DISHWASHER IS NOT DRAINING
In many cases the dishwasher will stop draining or draining fully due to a clogged drainage hoses or due to an object caught in the draining pump. There are some cases when the draining pump is faulty and needs to be replaced. We have assembled the top issues to check for a dishwasher that does not drain.
- Drain Pump: The drain pump pushes water through the drain hose. If the drain pump motor is malfunctioning the dishwasher will not drain. Drain pumps can be checked with a multimeter. If there is no continuity then it must be replaced with a new part.
- Drain / Wash Impeller: The drain impeller or wash impeller is connected to the drain pump. It allows water to flow through to the garbage disposal or drain line. If it is broken it needs to be replaced with a new part.
- Drain Solenoid Kit: The drain solenoid electronically opens the drain valve to allow water to exit the dishwasher. This solenoid can be tested with multimeter and replaced as required.
- Drain Valve: It is possible that the drain valve has a blockage. It needs to be removed and inspected. If it is broken it needs to be replaced with a new part.
DISHWASHER IS LEAKING
A leaking dishwasher is a common problem. Dishwashers will leak due to a problem with the water inlet valve that isn’t connected properly or just faulty, unfortunately these cannot be repaired and need to be replaced. There are times when the door seal is ripped or cracked and that would be the reason for the leaking dishwasher.
- Water Inlet Valve: The water inlet valve allows water to flow into the dishwasher. It can become stuck in the open position letting water to continue to flow.
- Wash Arm Assemblies: There is a lower wash arm, centre wash arm and upper wash arm assembly. These parts is where the water sprays out to clean your dishes. If there are any cracks in these arm assemblies then water may be spraying directly against the dishwasher door causing a leak. Check to make sure the wash arm assemblies are not loose by making sure all the screws are tight.
- Door Seal: Inspect the main door seal for any evidence of cracks or wear. Watch the door seal closely while the dishwasher runs to inspect it for leaks.
DISHWASHER IS NOT CLEANING
When the dishwasher stops cleaning, it really becomes useless. A faulty water inlet valve might be the reason for that, if not enough water is coming into the unit it would have a hard time to clean the dishes. Also if the lower or upper arms are clogged they would not distribute water to the dishes in the necessary amount, most of the time just taking them out and cleaning them would solve the problem.
- Water Pump Belt: First determine if your model has a water pump belt. The water pump belt is located behind the lower access panel. Use a multimeter to test for continuity and replace accordingly.
- Water Inlet Valve: If the water inlet valve is clogged or broken than water can’t enter the machine properly.
- Wash Arm Assemblies: The wash arms distribute the water to wash your dishes. They can become clogged and cracked over time. Inspect them carefully and clean or replace as needed.
- Circulation Pump: The circulation pump uses a motor to force water through the control arms. If the motor is not making any noise it may be burned out. Ensure power is getting to the motor. make sure the impeller can turn (it may have a blockage). This can be a difficult repair and one of the most expensive parts of a dishwasher.
DISHWASHER WON’T START
If you can’t get you washer to start the cycle it might be due to something simple like a burned fuse. There are times when there is a problem with the door switch that prevents the unit from starting the cycle. Also a broken door latch would cause the same thing to happened.
- Thermal Fuse: The thermal fuse is designed to shut off power if the dishwasher overheats. If this fuse blows the dishwasher will not start. You can test the thermal fuse with a multimeter and replace as required.
- Door Switch: If the door switch does not engage the dishwasher will not run. The dishwasher will think the door is still open. Test the door switch with a multimeter for continuity.
- Control Panels and Touchpads: Your control panels and touchpads have lots of electronics in them that can malfunction. They are however rarely the culprit and are often misdiagnosed. This panels must often be replaced as the individual components are sometimes not made available.
DISHWASHER IS NOISY
When the dishwasher starts to make funny noises or working load it is usually because there are debris caught in the draining pump, although a problem with the motor is not an exception.
- Drain Pump: The drain pump needs to be checked for debris. If its clean and noisy it needs to be replaced.
- Circulation Pump: Bearings inside the circulation pump will wear out over time and can cause a load “groan” while the dishwasher operates.
- Wash Impeller: The wash impeller has small plastic blades that help with water flow to the control arms. The one of the blades breaks there could be a noise. It may also be improperly aligned. Inspect for any signs of damage.
DISHWASHER BUTTONS NOT WORKING
If the dishwasher is working but you get no response when you press the control buttons the reason for that is probably either a faulty touchpad, faulty control panel or a main control board.
- Touchpad and Control Panel: If some buttons work and other don’t it is likely that the entire piece needs to be replaced. It depends on your dishwashers make and model if the touchpad and control panel are sold as one unit or separately.
- Main Control Board: The main control board regulates all the functions of your dishwasher. This is a highly misdiagnosed problem so make sure everything else is tested first. Our repair technicians can use a multimeter and electric schematics to determine if the control board is at fault.
DISHWASHER IS NOT DRYING
When it comes to drying our dishes we are talking about the heating elements and vents. Sometimes all it takes is to set your dishwashers drying setting to a longer time frame.
- Vent: If the vent is not functioning properly than the steam can’t escape and your dishes won’t dry. Check to make sure the vent can open.
- Vent Fan Motor: Some dishwasher models have a vent fan motor that helps to dry the dishes and remove moisture from inside the machine. Use a multimeter to test for continuity. Also try hand turning the blade. It should spin freely.
- Heating Element: Some dishwashers use a heating element to dry the dishes. It needs to be checked with a multimeter to determine if it is working or not.
DISHWASHER NOT DISPENSING SOAP
There are many different components depending on your brand and model of dishwasher that could be preventing the soap from dispensing properly. The detergent container has springs, lids, latches and doors that must all be examined to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Bi-Metal Actuator: Some machines have an electronically operated bi-metal actuator that could be burned out. It needs to be checked with a multimeter. Another issue that can affect the bi-metal is if your dishwashing machine is not getting enough water.
DISHWASHER LIGHTS FLASHING
If the dishwasher lights are flashing or blinking, and there is an error code in the display window, consult the wiring diagram, tech sheet, and dishwasher manual to find out more information about the error.